We would be very grateful if your child completes the following tasks in their learning log by next Wednesday:
1. Give your opinion using extended writing, on an environmental issue. e.g.
*Is climate change to blame for the recent floods & storms in the UK?
*Should houses be allowed to be built on flood plains?
*Should children be allowed to play on their own near a river?
2. Maths sheet – Written multiplication methods.
3. Reading homework – All pupils should be encouraged to regularly and record the reading they do. Please return the reading records every Wednesday.
4. National Numeracy and Literacy (Reading) Tests 2014 - These will be held in school from Wednesday 7 May to Tuesday 13 May 2014. Parents may wish to download the sample materials for the maths tests here. The Literacy (reading) sample tests can be found here. Please ensure that your child is in school on these dates as the tests are a statutory part of the curriculum. Thank you.
5. Parents Evenings - Thank you for informing me of your preferred time slots for next week’s parents evenings. I have indicated the timings for the appointments on the letter. The time slots are 10 mins each. I have tried to accommodate everyone’s choices but should there be any problems then please let me know.
Many thanks for your support.